Monday, November 23, 2009

Distance

I never thought I would be the type to be involved in a long distance relationship. Ever since I have started one, there seem to be guys around every corner that I feel drawn to. Perhaps I am just not ready for something like this. Perhaps I can't commit, or the guy I am with is not emotionally committed enough to me. When we talk he talks of other girls he hangs out with and I don't know what is going through his head. I feel that I may be falling for someone I am making up in my head. I don't have enough of a foundation to base my thoughts of him on. I am left confused and emotionally distressed because it is hard to get to know someone I hardly know- but we do connect each night on the phone. There is still an element of doubt in any long distance relationship and especially without knowing him first I don't know how serious he is about this.

Girls already have a natural tendency to worry and being the girl, the one, in someone's life. And he spoke about some of his faults in past relationships - making it harder for me to trust him. At the same time, this allows me to trust him deeper because he is not trying to hide anything. Its just hard because I don't know his character fully yet. Its hard to know what level of commitment he is ready for. Is it the same level as me?

No comments:

Post a Comment