Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Baking and Running and Eating!

Don't you just love the smell of something baking in the oven?!?



I decided to try out a new vegan recipe for fruit pizza and was pleasantly surprised how delicious it was. After the Daniel fast, I have learned that Vegan food really is easy to make- just substitute flax seed mixture for eggs, use oils instead of butter, and remove dairy. The result is sweet, wholesome, and quite delicious.

Vegan Simple Sugar Cookies: (from ChooseVeg.com)

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup oil
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
Egg replacer equivalent of 1 egg
Cinnamon and sugar, to coat


Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix the wet ingredients in a measuring cup (make sure they're blended well). Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Using your hands form the dough into a big ball. (If it sticks together well, then it's the right consistency. If not, add a bit of water and mix it well.)



My fruit pizza crust version: Form into a giant ball..Flatten into 2 pie dishes. Bake at 375°F degrees for about 14min

Top with Coconut Frosting and pineapple, mango, strawberries, and blueberries.

Just for kicks, I did another one to save for later ;-)


As always! I enjoy this dessert best after a nice 5 mile run outside, a protein smoothie, and a few HGTV shows :)

Baking Photo source

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE fruit pizza!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fruit pizza is so delicious! I just had one at a party I attended this weekend and it reminded how much I like them. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete