Monday, February 3, 2014

Wedding Recap: The Rehearsal Dinner

Oh beautiful February! 

MY RUN: My Workout today was a quick run after work. I decided to do 4 treadmill miles since it was gloomy outside.  I watched Friday Night Lights on Netflix during the run. Love that show

Anyways, I hope you are having a wonderful start to the week so far. February gets me in the spirit of Romance. I decided to continue recapping one of the most romantic days of my life- My Wedding Adventure.  Right where I left off..  "The Rehearsal Dinner"

Sitting down to write my wedding recap is therapeutic in a way.  I love reliving the most amazing day of my life.  It brings back so much joy, I can feel all the emotions as if it were yesterday- excitement, relentless, happiness, joy, energy, desire, love, anxiousness, peace, ...all the emotions surrounding the day my best friend became my husband. What a great Day!

We decided to have the rehearsal dinner at a Cuban restaurant we discovered a few months prior.  It was a few miles from the church we were practicing at and seemed to fit the bill, so to speak.

Bryan and I both decided to give out our bridal party gifts at the dinner.  Mine were very DIY. I wanted them to be personal to each bridesmaid.
I gave them each a framed picture of us with a poem about standing by my side, a martini glass with their initials in rhinestones, and a Vera Bradley wallet.
The Bridesmaids (minus one) at the rehearsal

After dinner Bryan and I wanted to do something out of the box so we took everyone on a 1block walk to Sloan's Ice cream Parlor.  It was meaningful because it was where Bryan and I first shared our first Brownie Ice cream sundae the night we met.
At Sloan's Ice Cream Parlor
I was so incredibly excited and happy that night. I couldn't believe that all the planning had finally ended and the big day was less than 12 hours away!
With the groom
It was so nice to see all of our friends and family together at the dinner and dessert.  But afterwards, Bryan and I snuck away with two of our friends to have a final kiss before the big day.
The next time I would see him would be in my wedding dress!!!!!!  EEEEKKKKK! I was Sooo Sooo Excited! 

I went back to my condo that night with my friend and bridesmaid Sarah.  I couldn't imagine having slept alone that night- she was so supportive and got everything ready for the girls to come over at 5am the next morning while she sent me off to bed for my beauty sleep.  I am so lucky to have such amazing friends!

 

6 comments:

  1. what a sweet bridesmaids' gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :-) The gifts definitely took a lot of time but it was so worth it! :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Christina! :-) I decided to keep it simple and my mom actually was the one who encouraged me to wear something a little more form-fitting to my figure. lol. Glad I did because once I got married...lets just say that dress doesn't exactly fit anymore!

      Delete
  3. This is so great! I am now in the throes of wedding planning so I love reading other people's weddings/experiences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting Joanne! Please let me know if you want advice in any area? I planned our entire wedding from start to finish- it can be overwhelming at times, but then you just need to sink back and enjoy the experience and realize the wedding will happen and be beautiful no matter what- even if all the flowers aren't the exact right shade lol.

      Delete