Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Simplicity

This morning it was storming terrible outside. I resorted to doing my workout indoors. As I was biking/ running- my mind kept wandering back to the times in college when we were without power during hurricane season. I couldn't have worked out today if I didn't have power! I like to think of myself as not relying on materialism, but today was a harsh reality that I do. Everyday I rely on the convenience of power and electricity to go to the gym and work out, rely on the speed of Starbucks drive-through windows to get me going, and rely on the convenience of my phone.



If all this was taken away I would feel like something was missing from my life and that thought scares me. I definitely do not want to rely on these "things" to allow my life to be fullfilled. I will never again take these things for granted and strive to look at them as a blessing.



Its so easy to get caught up in the materialism of this world, I am happy to be brought back to life's simplicity every once in a while. I could survive with no power and that thought is reassuring- just give me running shoes!!! ;-) oh, and I am thankful to be able to run!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A cool "green" craft I came across today using recycled magazine reeds: http://beautifullyused.com/?p=771

No comments:

Post a Comment