Friday, February 21, 2014

I Love Art

Blank canvases. Every time I sit down to write a blog post I am overcome with the excitement of a blank page to fill with the details of my life. I am so thankful for this creative outlet.  Which is a perfect lead-in... I am so appreciative of art in general- whether it is music, writing, painting, or whatever. I love seeing firsthand how people express themselves in creative ways.

This past weekend, I had the privilege of attending ArtiGras Festival.  It was a huge event, marked one of the top 20 art festivals in the nations, that invited artists from all over to display their works of wonder.
My mother-in-law, her friend, and I spent the entire afternoon browsing the art on display.  The weather was gorgeous!  High 70s and breezy sunny.

I was drawn to one particular artist who carved small fairies to hang from the ceiling.  So whimsical and cute. 
I ended up not buying one, but one day I would love to decorate a little girls room this way. 

Speaking of rooms:  We decided on a paint color I think!
What do you think?  We are going to do our living room/kitchen/dining room in the color circled above.  I am going to try to pair it with orange tones like the pillow listed above.  For a fresh and modern look.

After all the art-viewing I took part in, I decided to also buy a blank canvas and attempt to create some sort of abstract piece for our living room. I will keep you posted.

MY RUN:
So far this week, my workouts have been very sporadic due to the business of my work schedule. but I did decide to go for a few nice jogs after work.
Whenever I can I try to get outside to enjoy nature.  Even if it is in a residential area. 
 
Last but not least, here is a picture of a little bit of nature in a vase.

Bryan brought them home for me the other day. What a sweet hubby he is!  Not to mention, extremely hot stuff, especially when using tools to fix up our house :-)
I married a good one ;-)

Hope you have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment