Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cancer-Free, Living Free







This morning I woke up early to go for a 5 mile run at the gym. As I was running, I kept thinking of how excited I am to speak at the Relay for Life Charity event tonight. I kept replaying over and over in my head the educational points I am going to speak about and why Relay is important to me. I know that cancer could take over my life any second and I am so privileged to be able to help those struggling with the disease or those who have survived.

I also have realized that I have much more going on in my life than the petty things I let worry me. Sometimes I get so focused on one bad situation that I let it overflow into my whole day. I made up my mind to set my thoughts on the good in my life today. To see the small blessings from God surrounding me.

After my run, I went back to shower, eat a quick Breakfast of Blueberries, FiberOne Cereal, and this new milk I am trying (lactose free skim). I notice a huge difference in how I feel throughout the course of the day when I drink lactose free. I am not as sluggish. After breakfast, I spent some time planning my route for the day (with a glance at FB) and was out the door.

The first thing I noticed when I stepped outside was the gorgeous weather! It is mid-80s with Blazing sun and a light breeze. Beautiful. I am so thankful to be living here. It makes me think about training for another half marathon honestly. I would like to take the next step I just haven't "trained" in so long- not sure whats holding me back. I guess its just deciding to put 100% into it. I think I am going to start at the beginning of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment