Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What a Fox!

Today as I decided to take a new loop for my morning run I spotted a wild fox! He was hanging out along the coast and stopped right in his tracks and stood staring at me for a good 2 minutes! Foxes look a lot like cats and I would have mistaken him for a feline if it hadn't of been for his bushy tail and pointed nose. So cute! (Btw, I am not sure if you have googled "fox" in google images, but some crazy things come up!)

I ended up running a total of 5.2 miles. It was extremely windy out today- most likely the remainder of yesterdays rain showers.

After the run I helped myself to a HUGE bowl of strawberries, grapes, raisins, Kashi cereal, vanilla soy milk. I found if I add tons of sweet fresh and dried fruits to my cereal it provides the perfect amount of sweetness along with the crunchiness of the cereal (did I mention I have a HUGE sweet tooth?!) All morning I have felt full of energy!

Tonight I have a MRI appointment for my back. I hope that they can help to decipher what treatment plan is best for all the pain I have been having recently in my upper right back. Between chiropractor appts, massage appts, and Bikram Yoga sessions, orthotics, XRays, and about 4 pairs of shoes a year- running really does take its toll on my body and pocketbook- but I can never see giving it up! I LOVE LOVE it too much ;) Hope the MRI provides good feedback.

Question:

Have you ever been to a chiropractor?

In the past it was my tendinitis in my knees, so I did Bikram and it healed. But these last few years have been constant back pain. So I have been going to a chiropractor but it only provides temporary relief.


1 comment:

  1. You see foxes on your run, I see moose!

    As expensive as running might get, I don't think I could ever give it up either!

    ReplyDelete