Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Seafood lover

I have always loved seafood. It started when I was 5 and used to go fishing for trout with my grandpa on the lakes of Minnesota. Hardly classified as seafood, my family would batter up the fish and serve with warm cheddar biscuits, fresh salad greens, and corn on the cob.

Now that I live in Florida, I am in love with the REAL thing- Mahi-Mahi, Salmon, Grouper, Tilapia, and Shrimp. My first Mahi-Mahi experience was in the Keys. A few girlfriends and I decided to "rough it" and packed a tent for a weekend camping experience. I will never forget the seafood shack we found right on the coast. I savored every bite.

There are so many health benefits to fish. I am attempting to include it more regularily into my diet. Last night I arrived home from work and my roommate had just broiled honey balsamic salmon with roasted vegetables. The smell was so delicious!

With that said, I am looking for healthy recipes for salmon, shrimp, and mahi mahi. I came across a few that I am going to try this weekend, listed below:


And I always make dessert!

Healthy Banana Cookies



If you have any seafood recipes I would love to hear!

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmmmm, I like seafood in pastas. ESPECIALLY shrimp and penne. My go to recipe is cooking up whole wheat penne, sauteing some shrimp in olive oil and garlic, then tossing them together with some pesto and parmesan cheese. Easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! I love the idea of pairing pesto with shrimp and whole wheat pasta! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have burnt out on salmon after moving to Alaska, but I still like a good white fish.

    Ahhh, the good old days of fishing on the lakes of MN!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you guys have the best Salmon up there!!! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete