Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year, New Auntie!

This holiday season has been one to remember!  My life is forever changed- I am an auntie! 

My younger sister had her first baby boy- Ethan Michael mid December. Ethan is a miracle baby.  He arrived 7 weeks early and with a few complications we were all praying for this little guy.  Sure enough he is now home from the hospital and growing every day.  He went from 3lbs to 6lbs in just a few weeks!

There is nothing in the world like holding a new baby for the first time.  I had seen Ethan the day after delivery at the NICU but wasn't able to hold him in my arms.  The day I did.....


......It was PRICELESS!


I hope to be making a lot more trips to Orlando this year to see him!

------------------------
Today's Workout:
I have been really slow at gettign back to the gym since the new year. I have maintained running 4-5 days a week still, but with all the traveling, my workouts haven't been as extensive as usual. 

Today I slept in but I plan on hitting the gym after work for 5 miles on the treadmill!  I also hope to get some weight training.

-----------------------
New Year's Resolutions
1. cut down on sugar intake.  I have gotten in the habit of eating 2-3 desserts a day.
2. 5 days working out a week including one longer run
3. get a promotion
4. run a half marathon
5. have more patience
6. make more time for family and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment