Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Birthday Surprise!

**
Last night was Bryan's birthday and I decided to surprise him. He got off work at 3pm and I made plans to take him to a the original Okeechobee Steakhouse- a Palm Beach Steakhouse that has been here for over 40 years and has won several awards over the years for their prime cuts and seafood. While he went to the gym I went home, made the reservations, and baked homemade red velvet cupcakes with my original cream cheese icing. I packed a few candles, a lighter, some fresh pink lemonade, a blanket, and a his gift and changed into a little black dress.


When he arrived at 6pm, I told him to bring his flip flops for later and we were off. He told me he has only been surprised a few times in his life so I wanted to make the night extra special. We got to the steakhouse and it was amazing! They brought out the different cuts of meat right to our table and explained the textures and flavors. Bryan ordered the Cowboy steak with crusted Gorgonzola Cheese and garlic mashed potatoes. It was delicious! Each bite bursting with flavor from the sizzling juicy steak (22 oz!) and lightly crusted Gorgonzola on top. I ordered the NY strip and loved every bite. I hadn't had a Huge steak dinner like that since my graduation at Ruth Chris Steakhouse in 2008. It was soooo good, but what made it better was the fact that I could tell Bryan really enjoyed it.


After dinner we drove to Palm Beach island to a local ice cream parlor that had been originally established in the 50s called Sprinkles. I had spoken to the owner ahead of time and she had agreed to allow Bryan to get one free ice cream for his birthday. We both sampled the unique mouth-melting flavors and ended up selecting Pumpkin Pie and Birthday Cake with real chucks of moist vanilla cake and sprinkles.


While we ate our ice cream we walked along the intracoastal waterway trail and over-looked the city lights of downtown West Palm Beach. It was so relaxing and peaceful and beautiful out! After we walked a bit we found a spot to sit along the water and I pulled out his cupcakes and lit a birthday candle. After singing to him we sat and talked.


At the end of the night I drove him back to my place and he opened his gifts. I had got him a Spartans Jersey which he loved, a DVD of his favorite movie "Caddyshack," and a framed black and white photo of us. He told me that the night was perfect. I loved every minute of surprising him!


Tonight we are going to a a friends house to watch the Miami Heat game and then tomorrow is my birthday- in which he is planning a surprise for me :) No matter what it is, I know I'll love it.

**photo courtesy of: PBPULSE.com

No comments:

Post a Comment