Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Motivation


Last night was one of those perfect spontanious evenings that I love. I got off work at a reasonable hour and headed to the gym. Shortly after arriving, I ran into my boyfriend and a friend. After a short energizing workout we decided to grab dinner at a local outdoor grille. It was gorgeous out. One of those perfect nights to sit outside, drink a light beer, and eat a crisp refreshing grilled chicken salad (my menu item of choice wherever we go). I was extremely impressed with the flavors- corn/black bean salsa, lime squeezed carribean chicken, fresh green peppers, and chipolte ranch dressing.

After dinner we headed to Publix to satisfy our sweet tooth with delicious chocolate chip supreme slice and bake cookies, milk, and a blockbuster movie. We ended up on Invictus starring Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon. Directed by Clint Eastwood, it was an inspiring film about the South American World Cup victory in 95. I realized that the most motivational people in life are those who are trusting and genuinely want to see the people around them succeed. In the movie, the president of South Africa is one of those people- he does everything he can, going the extra mile, to strengthen the community ties of country pride through a common love of Rugby.

Well, off to work- its a gorgeous out!

No comments:

Post a Comment