Friday, February 25, 2011

Today as I ran....

Today on my run....The sun was just rising and there was a breeze underneath the shadows of the newly forming rain clouds. I didn't even think twice about rain interfering with my run since I usually can outrun the rain! Weird concept to race rain clouds but you really can in Florida!

One time in my college years, while running, a rain cloud started coming towards me- I could actually see the raindrops moving over the dry sidewalk! So strange for a midwestern girl like myself... I grew up in a small town in Minnesota called Northfield. If it rained up there, it rained for the entire day- dark clouds, pouring rain. There was no such thing as "waiting five minutes til the shower ends."

Anyways, it ended up being a beautiful run- with the clouds keeping it cool and breezy. After my run I took a quick shower, poured some Kashi cereal, and enjoyed a cup of chilled vanilla coffee- so refreshing! Nothing in the world can go wrong because its Friday! Even if something unpleasant comes up today - it will be okay because the weekend starts in 8 hours ;-)

I can't wait for this weekend! I love planning weekends... so far I am thinking:

Brunch w MOM :)
Green Market Day at the Beach Shopping
Dinner downtown
Chick FlicksYoga sessionChurch
Lunch
Painting festivalETC...

One relaxed, spontaneous weekend ahead!

What are your favorite things to do on the weekend?

3 comments:

  1. AHHH!! You are from Northfield!! I grew up in Waseca--so crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO crazy is right! We you born in MN? I miss the seasons up there! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I was born in MN and went to college there. I miss the people--and my family and friends!

    ReplyDelete