Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Spice up Workouts

Lately I have been trying to spice things up in my daily exercise routine and it has been great. I have actually been looking forward to workouts. For the longest time I was stuck in a rut- running 40 min a day (5 miles) 4-5days a week. But lately I have been trying new routes. longer distances, different goal paces, new music, and even running at different times of day and love it!

Tuesday's Workout: Yesterday I did a morning run and an evening short jog. It was so nice to break up the mileage and do a little more than normal. AM RUN: 2 miles @ 8:13pace. 3 miles @7:30pace PM RUN: 2 miles @ 8:30pace daily total= 7miles. I felt great on the evening jog knowing I had already completed the bulk of training and it was a joy run to enjoy the scenary.

Wednesday's Workout: Today I slept in. I love getting much needed sleep and having time for reading and omlettes in the morning before going to work. Then tonight I did an hour run on the treadmill at the gym. I did mental increments of 6 minutes and time flew! I ended up running 7 miles with a brisk walk at the end.

Thursday's Workout: Tomorrow I hope to get in a Bikram yoga session after work and a short jog.

Breaking it up makes running so much more interesting. I am hoping to run 5k race this summer so I have something to train for again. Races are just the motivation I need.


Happy Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment