Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First Monthly Dinner Club

Last night my friends and I kicked off our first ever Dinner Club!  It was an evening of delicious eats, great conversation, and fun!

My friend Jen generously offered to host the first Dinner Club Dinner Party.  The menu featured:

Melon Salad
Spicy Tangy Chicken Sliders
Cream Cheese Chocolate Cakewiches
Honey-Infused Iced Green Tea

I loved everybit!  And her presentation was amazing- complete with recipe cards and nutrition facts ;-) This girl went all out!

 Starter: Melon Prosciutto Salad

 Recipe Card created by Jenn

 Main Course: Spicy BBQ Chicken Sliders

 Absolutely Delicious!

 Dessert Prep.

We all hung out and talked in the kitchen while dessert was being prepared.  I love the smell of baking!  :-)

The chocolate cakewiches were prepared by putting the batter in a ziplock bag and squeezing into cookie wafer shapes

Then they went in the oven for 8minutes

We all sat in the living room to enjoy them and catch-up with each other.  I have known these girls since college and feel so blessed to have them in my life!


Our first monthly dinner party was a smashing success!  Can't wait til the Sept one (which I will be hosting)!

Workout:
5 mile run on the bridge-to-bridge loop.... (no yachts to hold me up at the bridges this time!)

Question:
Have you ever been part of a dinner club?
This is my first one and I am so excited to learn about and try new recipes!  Plus its a great excuse to catch up with friends :-)

If you are part of one, what's something you made?
I am considering a Latin/Carribean themed dinner party for when its my turn to host?



No comments:

Post a Comment