Monday, March 26, 2012

A Great Weekend!

This past weekend was so needed.  Friday night I got off work a little early and went out to the pool for a little reading at dusk.  I could feel the breeze off the intracoastal waterway - it was gorgeous.  Then a few hours later I went back to shower up and head to Hard Rock in Ft Lauderdale for girls night! 


Me and Sarah



My friend Sarah and I have been friends for over ten ears since meeting in highschool and it is always a pleasure to meet up with her and catch up :-)

We met at a seafood restaurant called Blue Pointe. 



Source
It has delicious fish and chips and oysters.  We were lucky to get a table on the patio overlooking the fountains.

After stopping by a few bars/ clubs after dinner, I headed back home.  I love being able to sleep in my own bed and I was fully awake at 2am for the drive back. 

Saterday was spent watching Season 1 of Gossip Girl, walking along the coast on Palm Beach island, and going for a 3 mile jog along the waterway. 


Palm Beach Island

Since Bryan was working, I decided to take the time to watch girly shows since I knew we would all be meeting up at a Hibatchi Grill later that night.

For dinner, a group of 24 of us met up for my friend's 27th bday.  Her boyfriend flew in for the event which made it extra special ;-)


Saito's West Palm Beach
Source

I love birthdays and decided to put all healthy eating aside to indulge in a huge slice of triple layer Chocolate Dulce birthday cake from a local brazilian bakery.  It was delicious.

Then on Sunday, Bryan came over for my first attempt ever at waffles.  I just got a waffle/pancake maker and was excited to try a new recipe I found on a cleaneating website. 


Protein Waffles
Source
I made protein waffles with added banana for sweetness.  They turned out wonderfully and kept Bryan and I full for the entire morning at church.

Sunday afternoon I invited a few friends over for a poolside BBQ at my condo.  Luckily it didn't rain til the end and we were able to eat under the overhang.  I love to relax in the hot tub on a rainy day anyways ;-)  Its so refreshing.

After everyone left, Bryan and I decided that we needed something sweet ASAP.  So we decided to make butterscotch blondies.  Recipe was courtesy of the butterscotch chip bag fom publix ;-)

They were delicious!
All in all a fun, busy, and refreshing little weekend!

Happ Monday everyone!

Today, I decided to start the week out right

No comments:

Post a Comment