Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Apple Spinach Omelet + Starbucks

Happy Tuesday!  I decided to force myself out of bed this morning for a 5 mile run.  I got 8 hours of sleep so I knew that my body could handle it. 

After a 5 miler on the treadmill at 8min pace I was starved.  After a refreshing shower, I decided to pair some of my favorite things together to make a high protein high fiber breakfast.

Delicious and Sweet
Apple Spinach Omelet.
1 diced apple
1/4 sweet onion
1 TB ground flax
Canola oil for cooking
1/3 cup egg whites
4 cups spinach
1 tsp Cinnamon

Saute all veggies and apples in oil.  Add flax and Cinnamon to coat.  Pour egg whites over mixture for 3 minutes to create a fritatta-like mixture.  Enjoy!

After breakfast, I headed out the door for work.  It was hard to get going this morning so my lunchtime destination was easy.  I went straight to Starbucks for a green tea soy latte. 

Starbucks Break
I was also able to catch up on a few books. I am slowly but surely going through the U-Version Bible One year Bible (except I am on the 3 year plan at my rate). I also started reading a Assessment Tool Book called "Finding Your Place in Life and Ministry," By Jay McSwain. Through some quizzes and self assessment tests I am learning about my traits on the DISC grid and how they coincide with my gifts.

Source

These assessments really are helping me discover where I can feel most fulfilled, being the person I was created to be.  I highly recommend the book to anyone who is curious about how they best communicate and what affects their self-discipline, their leadership roles, emotions, and thinking.

After finishing up the work day, I headed over to LA Fitness to catch a late night spin class.  It was a tough one since I had a luna mini bar 1 hour prior and lunch was nearly 3 hours before that.  I think I need to eat more before workouts. Maybe through in some fruit like a banana and PB as well.

All-in-all, class was great and I loaded up on fresh greens, tofu, half a bag of roasted peanuts, yogurt, and half a jar of nutella.  Yes, I think I ate back enough calories, that's for sure!

Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment