Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Go PRE


Last night was one of style, fashion, inspiration, relaxation, and motivation.

After a stop by the salon to get my hair highlighted for summer with my favorite stylist- Nicole (my stylist for over a year), I headed down the street from Bryan's place for dinner and a movie.

He knows how much I love running- how much I live and breathe running practically! How its one of the first things on my mind when I start my day and plan my route for work. How I can't wait to throw on my Adidas Superglide shoes (with custom orthodics) and hit the pavement after a long day of work. How I love to enjoy the sun, enjoy the fresh air, enjoy the people out biking, waliking and jogging, enjoy the sweat, enjoy clearing my head, and enjoy being alive.

Needless to say, he knows I love that.... so he dvr-ed Prefontaine, a movie about the life of the athlete that helped develope Nike. The movie was so insiring. Steve Prefontaine trained with passion and left all he had on the track at every race. At one point in the movie, he had just gotten 10 stitches in his foot and still ran a sweaty bloody victory race. That is dedication! One of his quotes that stuck with me is:

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." ~Steve Prefontaine


The movie made me think about my life. About my priorities and how much drive I devote to each area. I decided to list out my top five priorities to help me access my dedication to each.

Priorities:
1. God, my faith
2. Family and friends
3. Health, lifestyle, exercise
4. Serving others
5. Future, job, career

I realized I don't want to make any decisions that will hinder these 5 areas. If the decision goes against these 5, then it is most likely a bad choice. I want to devote time to each one witht he same passion the was portrayed in the movie last night. In the movie, he ran to the point of tears.

Question:
Have you seen any inspirational films lately? I am on an inspirational movie kick and would ideas ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Have you seen Peaceful Warrior? It is about a male gymnast. It actually covers a lot of areas other than just the inspirational aspect. We really enjoyed watching it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get my hair highlighted for the summer, but my favorite stylist is in MN. :(

    I can't think of any inspirational movies, but I love reading Dean Karnazes' books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestions! I have never seen Peaceful Warrior- I'll def check it out. And I always love a good book ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Hannah,

    I'm a big Prefontaine fan. Check out my blog image. Look familiar?

    Check out my blog. There's a gal named Becki that did a long post about inspirational movies. I think you might find it interesting.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete