Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mango Coconut Banana Cream Supreme Pie


I was creative the other day and decided to make up a recipe with Mango. Probably because mangoes are EVERYWHERE! I can't get away from these delicious, sweet, juicy, tropical fruits and neither would I want to! The other day I was at the gas station and there was a truck selling them 3 for a dollar- how can anyone pass THAT up?!?

Anyways, what do you do with TONS of mangoes, shredded coconut, bananas, and flour? Make a pie of course!

I call it my "Mango Coconut Banana Cream Supreme Pie"

Mango Coconut Banana Cream Supreme Pie
Crust:
1/2 c flour
7 oz toasted coconut
2 egg whites
Bake in 9' pie pan for about 11min at 350F


Pie:
half can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups mango (pureed in processor)
1/2 mashed banana
2tsp coconut extract
2 egg whites
beat together, pour into the crust, bake at 350F for 15 min, add shredded coconut and bake additional 5 min til toasted.
then refrigerate for 2-3 hours
Top with whipped cream if desired!


Enjoy! Don't you just love summer tropical-ness :)

Coconut Source
Mangoes Source

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, that looks so good! I love that flavor combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 for $1!! I thought I was getting a good deal when I bought ONE for a dollar yesterday--stupid Alaska!

    ReplyDelete