About Me

My photo
This is a blog about my life.... about living healthy through faith in God, exercise, good food, relationships, friendships, etc...

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Baking and Running and Eating!

Don't you just love the smell of something baking in the oven?!?



I decided to try out a new vegan recipe for fruit pizza and was pleasantly surprised how delicious it was. After the Daniel fast, I have learned that Vegan food really is easy to make- just substitute flax seed mixture for eggs, use oils instead of butter, and remove dairy. The result is sweet, wholesome, and quite delicious.

Vegan Simple Sugar Cookies: (from ChooseVeg.com)

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup oil
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
Egg replacer equivalent of 1 egg
Cinnamon and sugar, to coat


Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix the wet ingredients in a measuring cup (make sure they're blended well). Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Using your hands form the dough into a big ball. (If it sticks together well, then it's the right consistency. If not, add a bit of water and mix it well.)



My fruit pizza crust version: Form into a giant ball..Flatten into 2 pie dishes. Bake at 375°F degrees for about 14min

Top with Coconut Frosting and pineapple, mango, strawberries, and blueberries.

Just for kicks, I did another one to save for later ;-)


As always! I enjoy this dessert best after a nice 5 mile run outside, a protein smoothie, and a few HGTV shows :)

Baking Photo source

2 comments:

  1. Fruit pizza is so delicious! I just had one at a party I attended this weekend and it reminded how much I like them. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete