Monday, September 27, 2010

Acts of Service

One thing that has been continuously on my mind is where can I serve? I want to serve God not only through my job but through activities in the community and church. I talked to Bryan yesterday about it and he had great insight. That maybe right now in my life I am called to learn. I had never thought about it that way before but I think it is true. I started going to a woman's study early Sunday morning to learn the history surrounding passages of scripture and it is opening my eyes to so many things.

I also have had the chance to talk to the community representative for the American Cancer Society regarding the Relay for Life and would like to continue serving in that avenue. I feel that this is an open door for me to give back to the community and serve those affected by cancer. Road to Recovery is a program where cancer patients are driven to and from their treatment centers by volunteers who desire to help.

I am going to actively continue to search out God's desires for how I am to serve Him and embrace the open doors He puts in front of me.

"Abide in my love" That is what we are called to do as Christians, to abide in His great love so that the result is us bearing fruit as an outflow of that Love He provides us.

No comments:

Post a Comment