Friday, February 11, 2011

Working Late = Fast Salad!

So last night I ended up working a few hours later than usual since our monthly sales report was due. It is something that I always procrastinate on! I always tell myself I'll update the monthly report as I go, but that NEVER happens ;-) So after a few late night hours at Starbucks with my laptop and a Zen tea latte with nonfat milk and a few sprinkles of vanilla, I knew I had to stop sitting and go to the gym!

It was so hard to be motivated that late at night, but I knew if I didn't go I would feel worse. So, in an attempt to not talk myself out of it, I updated my fb status to say I was going. Haha- so funny how telling the world somehow held me to it!

After a 5 mile run at 7.6 with a 1.5 incline, I was craving a healthy dinner. Bryan had just gotten to his house and I decided to swing by with a few deli salads. You will not believe where my favorite salad place is- Super Target. Thats right, the fresh Deli at Target has made-to-order salads and they are crazy good! Fresh spinach and romaine, topped with grilled chicken, fresh blueberries and strawberries, goat cheese, and a side of creamy sweet dressing! And the best part?!?........ IT"S ALL for $3.99! Bryan and I discovered them a few months ago and have fallen in love with them ever since. Did I mention that Bryan is starting to eat more salads since meeting me? ;-) Yay!


Archer Farms Grilled Chicken Deli Salad. $3.99!!!!

After a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother (which is my favorite show at the moment!....Love the Swarley episode, lol!!), a handful of fresh red grapes, and my delicious salad- I was off to sleep.


Question to Think About...


When you are starving and in a time crunch, what is your go-to for healthy food?


(Source- Salad)
(Source- HowIMet)

2 comments:

  1. It is funny how telling someone something keeps you accountable!

    That is so cheap for a salad--plus it looks delicious!

    When I'm in a time crunch, I will throw together a salad, wrap, or sandwich at home.

    ReplyDelete