Monday, June 20, 2011

A much needed run...

Bryan and I just got back from our St Augustine/Orlando weekend and it was wonderful!


Everything about the trip was perfect- leaving Sat. morning - staying at the cutest Little bed and breakfast in St Augustine and driving to Orlando for a Father's Day dinner with my parents on Sunday. It was perfect. I'll post pics from the trip soon.

Then it all started...... I got back from vacation to find a strange smell all throughout my condo. With further investigation, I noticed the smell coming from my roommates bedroom. There was a water stain on the carpet and mold was developing!


I was exhausted from traveling all day and all I wanted was a powernap and a run, but things had to be taken care of first. My roommate made a series of calls, I wrote the landlord a long email, and we finally got a maintenance guy to come tomorrow morning- but in the midst of it all I noticed a recession hole in our kitchen where bugs were entering! I wrote another email to the landlord and hopefully we can get things cleared up soon!



I was exhausted! So I crashed into my sheets and was out cold for 40min. When I awoke I had a burst of energy and through on my running gear for a gym workout. It was 90 degrees out this afternoon and I was anticipating a HOT evening as well.



The second I stepped outside I smiled. It was GORGEOUS out. Overshadowed, PERFECT Temp in the mid 80s, a light breeze, and glossy cloud speckled skies. I was not going to miss this opportunity to jog outside.



The Lake Trail, West Palm Beach

As I ran I felt stronger with each step. I haven't felt that way in so long and it was so nice to get back into the groove of running again! There were a dozen or so other runners out tonight as well and I felt an instant connection with them- they too could not miss such a gorgeous opportunity to run tonight.

I realize that I feel so fulfilled when I run, I was missing that for a while. I am so thankful to God that I am able to run and will never take it for granted!

What a perfect end to a perfect weekend! Time for Bachlorette tonight! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment