About Me

My photo
This is a blog about my life.... about living healthy through faith in God, exercise, good food, relationships, friendships, etc...

Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Weekend

Ahhhh, weekends, don't you just love them?  This post is just a random, fun post about my weekend- how I am staying healthy and happy and enjoying the blessings of life.
 
Starting out, I wanted to share a picture from my commute home the other day.  I had never driven this road before.  I found myself driving for 10-15miles in a canopy of trees that was absolutely breath-taking.  I had to keep pinching myself- I seriously felt like I was in Savannah Georgia or something.
 
needless to say, I will be driving this way home more often
 
Other happenings from the weekend included a Friday night event, my husband and I attended at our church that had a chocolate fountain! 

Glorious glorious chocolate!!

It was also chilly out that night and they had a few bon-fires set-up for s'mores outside at the event.  I know it sounds crazy, but us Floridians can't handle 50-degree weather.

This took me back to my camp days :-) sigh....love...

The rest of this weekend has been very relaxing.  I did a 50minute spin class Saturday morning, got some groceries done at Costco (love those free samples!), and have been able to get in some good reading.  I am currently reading "The Beauty of Broken"  and so far I like it.  I love armoires and it falls into that category.

A side note- this Coconut PB is absolutely delicious!  I just discovered it at Publix today.  It is GF, Vegan, and 100% awesome. I am still trying to think of what I will use it for... so far I just love eating it straight from the jar!


 

I also got my hair done- low-lights and highlights.  I love spending a few hours at the salon every few months.  I feel so refreshed and pampered when I leave.  I know with our new house that this expensive perk can't stay in my life forever, but I am enjoying it for the time being! ;-)

My new highlights/lowlights

Since this post is random I thought I would leave you with another random encouragement that I stumbled across last night:

"Take Delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart's desires. Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust Him, and he will help you" Ps37:4-5

Sometimes it is so nice to sit back with a cup of coffee and delight in a good bible read.

Questions:

What was your workout the past few days?

Do you have a daily commute?  Is it long?
Mine varies since I am a marketing rep. But I love when I get to drive in beautiful scenery- which is not too often since I am mostly on the highway or in cities.

Tell me something fun about your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment