Sunday, September 27, 2009

Realizing Your True Worth

Today was harder than I thought it would be. I went to a party last night, one that I would normally go to with my ex. It was hard to be there alone- only because I had gotten so used to going to these social events with someone. However, it IS getting easier. I know that I will be able to eventually get over him- especially now that I recognize how he has treated me and how he handles conflict. It would have been unhealthy for me to stay in that relationship. I cannot fathom the silent treatment whenever there is a conflict. And I do not like to hold grudges and keep tally's of wrongs.

I am realizing that my value is not wrapped up in one guy's opinion of me.... My self-worth is in Jesus. I leave for Miami tomorrow.. I am so excited for a fresh start in jobs, in life, in my relationships... I am seeing clearly that God removed me from circumstances that were not healthy and is placing me in something new- I can only trust Him and I will continue to seek Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment