Wednesday, June 30, 2010

We all are..At the Expense of Compassion

"I will bring health and healing; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.....I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against me and will forgive all their sins of rebellion against me. Then this city will bring me renown, joy, praise and honor before all nations on earth that hear of all the good things I do for it; and they will be in awe and will tremble at the abundant prosperity and peace I provide for it." **

This was said to the people Judah and Israel, people that had rebelled and lived in turmoil. It was out of a heart of compassion that God would restore the city. He wanted what was good for them all along... but this was the only way they could really understand and enjoy prosperity in the purest sense.

It took compassion. Compassion runs in cycles throughout our lives. We always come back to a place with our sin where we are desperate for His compassion. We want things to be so right with Him, but our sin repeatedly gets in the way. Simple things like abusing alcohol to larger things like upping our reputation at the expense of others. I heard someone say once that sin runs a continuous cycle: Sin- Remorse- Guilt- Embarrassment- Feeling Alone- Despair- Sin Again. We have to escape the cycle through repentance and seeking His compassion on us.

Whats the benefit? Living a life full of peace, prosperity (in a mental sense), love. We are able to be fulfilled living the life we were meant to live, stepping beyond the mundane cycles of empty sin.

The beauty of it all? He wants that for us as much as we do!

** Taken from Jeremiah 33:6-9

No comments:

Post a Comment