- Am I willing to invest 50-70 hours a week to run a business?
- Am I self-motivated?
- Do I have experience in business skills and leadership?
- Am I willing to risk my savings in a venture?
- Is my family supportive of the time/money I'll have to spend?
- Do I have a product thats in demand?
- Will I need outside financing, do I have a network of affiliants who will provide it?
- Do I know my competitors?
- Will my company have an advantage over existing firms?
A Business plan includes:
- business niche, marketing, management experience, and expenses.
- Target market- is it growing/ shrinking?
- Competition- steengths/ weaknesses/ market share/ pricing strategy
- Benefits of the product/service - its appeal to customers/ business location
- Management team- info on experience of those involved
- Focus plan towards the future
Even more inspiring is an srticle titled "How to fireproof your job" (Money Mag)
- Stand out, Step up- let the higher ups know you are problem solving
- Be a money maker- share client leads ideas to generate revenue if its not part of my responsibilty
- Dont be a debbi-downer- hang out with people the boss respects, the halo of their job may extend to you
- Increase your value- keep on top of advances in your field and expand your expertise beyond your core area
- Go beyond your job descriotion- look for problem spots that you can help fix. pitch in whenever help is needed.
- Make a sacrifice- volunteer to take a pay cut during downturns make you look like a hero.
Blogs that inspire funds: