Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fitness Goals

Today I woke up feeling like I want to make active changes in my life regarding health and fitness. I have been living an undisciplined lifestyle all summer and want to get things in order again. My motives are to take care of my body and health so that I am fully capable of whatever opportunities God places in front of me.

I am going to TRY TRY TRY to cut down on my chocolate and not give into cravings. Last night was the first test. I got home late at night and wanted with everything in me to grab a few bars of Hershey Milk Chocolate but instead I opted for cereal and a protein shake... SCORE!

I have to keep my focus on the end result. I want to work out 5 days a week and not indulge in desserts every single day- not because I want to look great, but because I want to FEEL great and have more energy and live a lifestyle pleasing to God.

Scripture to Inspire Wellness:

You (God) satisfy me more than the richest of foods. Psalm 63:5 (NLT)

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2
Corinthians 5:17

Spend your time and energy in training yourself for spiritual fitness. Physical exercise has some
value, but spiritual exercise is much more important for it promises a reward in both this life
and the next. This is true and everyone should accept it. 1 Timothy 4:7-9 (NLT)

Be above reproach as God's steward, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not addicted to wine, not pugnacious, not fond of sordid gain, but hospitable, loving what is good, sensible, just, devout, self-controlled, holding fast the faithful word which is in accordance with the teaching, so that he will be able both to exhort in sound doctrine and to refute those who contradict. Titus 1:7-9 NASB

A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones. Proverbs 14:30
(NLT)

(more verses at: http://www.faithandhealthconnection.org/new/wp-content/uploads/Bible-Scripture-Verses-Quotes-on-Health-Wellness-and-Wholeness.pdf )

No comments:

Post a Comment