Thursday, July 29, 2010

Running, Yoga, and Change

Today is gorgeous out! Gorgeous and hot.. But I feel accomplished! I ran an interval set at the gym. Everything in me wanted to hit snooze a zillionith time, but I didn't. It felt great to push my body to the limits this morning and I was actively engaged in the workout the entire time due to the changing speeds. I did intervals of 7, 7.5, 8, and 8.6mph for a total of 50 minutes. Time flew and I listened to my new favorite song- Ridin Solo by Jason Derulo. - on repeat for a few times ;) This song just makes me so inspired and energized for the day!

I have areas in my life where I want to changes and perfect. I think its important to constantly look at where I am and see where I can improve my quality of life. I want to become better at time management and better at spending time with God. Working out and reaching my fitness goals are in progress. Tonight I will hopefully have time for my favorite thing- BIKRAM YOGA!

I read a passage on St Francis of Assisi today. He was a radical monk in the 1200s who decided one day that he would voluntarily live amongst the poor and serve them. He gave away all he had and went to the slums. I can't imagine someone giving up EVERYTHING like that. I just moved last weekend and became aware of all the material possessions I have accumulated over the last year. I want to make it a priority to be wise with my money this year.. I guess you could say- July is my mid year resolution time!

Well off to work! I am blessed and want to serve people today :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment