Thursday, November 18, 2010

RUM Cake

I was in a dangerously adventurous, mood and decided to try something new.

I opened the freezer this am and saw a half a bottle of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum in there. Hmmmm, I thought- what could I do with this?!?!?!?!?

make RUM CAKE!!!!!!! of course!!!!!!!!

So I searched recipes online and decided to make up one of my own!

1 box Jiffy yellow cake
1 box vanilla pudding
2 eggs
1/4c oil
1/2c rum

bake in bundt pan at 325F for 30 min or so

saute 1/4c butter and 1/4c suger on stove and add 1/4c rum

pour over cake

It turned out delicious, even more so after left overnight. And a little rum is the perfect way to start the weekend ;) just kidding! but it was great!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Question to think about:
Whats a dessert recipe you love but hardly ever think about making?
I first had rum cake in the Caymon islands and have always loved it. I just never thought of making it myself. What a great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment