Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Peachy Evening


Yesterday I spent a full day out West for work. As a rep for a medical company, I frequently find myself in far away places enjoying a new adventure every single day. One thing I noticed was the large availability of fresh produce at ever corner. From peach stands to strawberries, the town I was in had lots to offer. By the time I got home from work, after fitting in a 5 mile jog, I was starved for something fresh. Thankfully I had loaded up on fresh veggies and peaches at the Green Market last weekend. Starting with a few sliced carrots and garlic hummus as my appetizer, I began figuring what I would have as my main course.

+

It was one of those nights, after working and running- I was not about to go out again to the grocery store. I decided to check my pantry for a quick dinner. I am a true believer in having lots of color at every meal- encompassing fruit, grains, protein and veggies as much as possible. One look at what I had on hand, I decided to make fresh corn tortilla burritos with a side of carrots and celery. It was the simplest dinner- but ever so tasty and healthy!


Preheat oven to 350 F. Place 2-3 Corn tortillas on a pizza pan.


Spread a thin layer of refried beans on each tortilla. Then bake for 8minutes. Once hot, sprinkle a small amount of cheddar cheese one each one and fold tortilla in half. Delicious!



After a healthy dinner, a refreshing shower, and a phone conversation with my boyfriend, I curled up on the couch with a good book and a freshly sliced peach. A perfect way to unwind, if only every night were this relaxed.. ;-) Then again, I like my busy life too... Balance in life is what keeps me rejuvenated.

4 comments:

  1. hi! I just saw you post on Iowa Girl Eats and noticed that you are from WPB-I am from PB! SMALL WORLD!! looks like i have a new blog to follow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting! Isn't it great living here?!? I do not miss the cold. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of your access to good, fresh produce this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete