Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Spartans Victory Party + Pinwheels

Sorry I haven't blogged in a few days!  I have lots to catch up on :-)
First off, Friday night we went to a friend's place in Fort Lauderdale to watch the MSU Spartans Football game.  I love college football!  Having gone to a college with no team and meeting Bryan (a fourth generation Spartan) I decided to adopt the Spartans as my team ;-)

..
And the best part of football parties?!?



Cute decorated desserts and a fantastic arrangement of food! 

Keeping in line with the Green and White theme, our friends made brownies decorated green and white icing. 

Bryan and I decided to make Spinach Tortilla Turkey Wrap Pinwheels with Pepper Jack.  They were a hit!  (pictured below in the back right)



Turkey Pinwheels:
Ingredients-
Spinach Tortillas
Hummas
Deli Turkey
Green Peppers
Leaf Lettice
Sprouts
Pepper Jack cheese

Prepare wraps, wrap into tight rolls, cut into 4-5 sections each.



And Enjoy! ;-)
My Morning Workout:
I ran 4 miles in the morning so I could enjoy all the deliciousness without a tinge of guilt.
I also did 15 minutes of the elliptical.  (I wish I didn't get so bored on that machine!  I know its good for me).

Question:
What are your favorite cross-training machines/ exercises?

I like the elliptical in concept.  It is a great machine to keep a runner toned, but I get so bored.  I guess I should bring a magazine next time!

The rest of the weekend will be posted soon ;-) Hope you are having a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment