Monday, October 3, 2011

Strawberry Mango Basil Chutney + Lemonade/Lime Chicken

I love so many things right now and one of them being that mangoes are cheap cheap cheap!  They are just finishing their season and are 2 for a dollar! 

I decided to be a little creative with them by adding them to a chicken dish. 

Mango Strawberry Basil Chutney
1 mango cubed
1-2 cups strawberries diced
4 TB fresh basil
2-3TB lime juice

Mix it up and serve over my favorite orange/lime chicken dish! :-)

Lemonade /Lime Chicken Breasts

1 cup lemonade
3TB lime juice
1/2 c diced onions
4-6 chicken breasts

Soak chicken in juices for 1-2 hours then pour entire mixture in oven safe pan and bake covered at 350F for 30-40 minutes (until chicken is fully cooked)

A complete Carribean inspired meal like this should also have rice and beans or sweet corn bread. yum!

Today's Workout:
The sun has been rising later and later and it has been harder and harder to get out of bed.  It also has been a long time since I have been able to start running everday again since being sick.  I managed to get out for a 4 miler this morning and felt pretty good.  I hope to increase my mileage up to 5-6 miles by the end of the week again ;-)

Today is such a beautiful day!  High 70s, breezy, and sunny!  Now is the time of year I love living here again!

No comments:

Post a Comment