About Me

My photo
This is a blog about my life.... about living healthy through faith in God, exercise, good food, relationships, friendships, etc...

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Lunch at "the tree"

If you went to PBAU, like I did, then you became very familiar with one of the most romantic, awesome hangout spots on Palm Beach Island- "the tree."  Just a bike ride away from campus, the tree was a perfect place to catch an afternoon nap, illegally carve yours and your boyfriend's initials in the branches (hint- I know who you are!!!), read a textbook, or have a picnic.

In fact many engaged couples go there for their engagement/ wedding photo shoots.

"the tree"
So, when Bryan and I started dating I introduced him to this glorious haven.  We grabbed lunch-to-go at Makeb's Bagel Shop, and parked on on of the shaded benches to munch on our everything bagel club sandwiches.  Two words describe it...."Ahhhhhh :)"  and "Yum."
me at the tree

Yes, forever I will love the tree and its magnificent branches.  Breath-taking.

-----------------Today's Workout-------------------
3 miles on the treadmill
2 miles along the waterway (much much better!)
50 crunches
25 side crunches  (hello Summer abs, here I come!!)

------------------Question---------------------
Do you have a favorite park, trail that you find yourself going to often?
The tree is one of mine if I am craving quiet, secluded.  I also love to go walking downtown on Saturday mornings if I want to be around lots of people.
Do you make time to get outside each day?
I do.  I notice such a difference in my mood.  I am much happier with a little vitamin D.

No comments:

Post a Comment