Thursday, June 20, 2013

Go-to Meal

 
Today started right with a nice 40min run on the treadmill.  It was one of those runs that was about 80% mental.  I wanted to stop about three times, but kept going.  Afterwards, I rewarded myself with this delicious Blueberry Greek Yogurt Parfait.  (I also added some ground flax)
 
 
I was glad to do my workout in the morning- I felt like I had tons of energy all day as a result.  I also had a few sips of this:
 
 
This juice a great way to get in a few extra servings of veggies (especially when I don't have time to pack all the greens I would like to be eating throughout the day.  Its also great veggie alternative seeing that I ran out of organic spinach and am trying to wait til the weekend to go stock up again at Costco;-)  Can you believe that one bottle has over 24 carrots in it!?!
 
After a long day at work- getting in the door around 6:30pm, I was starved.  I opted for some chicken sautéed with green onion and fresh parsley, served with the last little bit of spinach I had in my fridge, goat cheese, blueberries, vinaigrette, and a corn tortilla.   
 
 
it made for a nice quick meal, considering Bryan was working late tonight so I didn't feel obligated to do anything fancy.

 
I am missing my little nephew like crazy this week!  After dinner I went through all my pictures from this past weekend and reminisced on how much fun it was!
 
  
He is growing up way too fast!

Question:
What is your go-to meal when you don't feel like cooking much?
Mine is usually a salad of some sort- I just open my fridge and throw a bunch of random things together.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment