About Me

My photo
This is a blog about my life.... about living healthy through faith in God, exercise, good food, relationships, friendships, etc...

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

"I want this!"

 After yesterday's long day in Miami, today needed to start with one of these.
 
 
My body must have needed extra sleep because I do not even remember turning off my alarm this morning, but Bryan said I did.  Luckily my natural wake time is 7:30/8am so I still had plenty of time to get ready for work.  
 
With a little less time I quickly curled my hair and headed out the door!
 
 
Work was up in Stuart today.  Stuart is definitely a slower paced feel than WPB which is kind-of nice. 
 
Today's Work-out:
As far as my work-out today, it was kind of a bummer that I couldn't work out first thing in the morning because I usually talk myself out of it after work.  Today was no exception to that fact. I got home and was starving so I made a few snacks- a corn burrito, pb & J, and a few handfuls of nuts (weird combo I know).  By the time I was finished eating I was too full to work out.  But I knew I wanted it deep down so I rested for an hour and then went to the gym. 
 
I ended up running 4 miles and walking a bit. I was so proud that I pushed through it because I always feel the rewards afterwards- endorphins and relaxation.  I just kept telling myself I wanted this workout.
 
Question:
What do you tell yourself to get motivated for a workout when you don't want to go at first?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment