Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Last night I was in the mood to make cookies.  It was perfect because my girls lifegroup leader had asked me to bring a dessert and I was more than happy to have a reason to bake.

 

I love baking but always find that I end up indulging too much when I have sweets in the house so I like the opportunity to bake for a special event and tonight was just that ;-)

I ran errands after work and picked up a bag of dark chocolate chips and knew instantly what I wanted to make. - Chewy Oatmeal Cookies!


I didn't have a recipe on hand so I googled "Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies" and the following recipe popped up on All-Recipes.  It was really really good! And the girls loved them :-)

Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Original recipe makes 3 1/2 dozen    

Ingredients     

  •                 
  •                 
  •                 
  •                 
  •                 
  •                 
  •                 
  •                 
  •                 
  •                 
  •                 

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
  3. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
 
 
I will definitely be making these again!

No comments:

Post a Comment