About Me

My photo
This is a blog about my life.... about living healthy through faith in God, exercise, good food, relationships, friendships, etc...

Friday, June 7, 2013

The Eye of the Storm

The rest of the day yesterday was slightly dramatic. I was sitting in one of my offices waiting to see the office manager when suddenly I overhead the tornado warming on the radio. Seconds later, a womans voice, panic stricken, came over the loud speaker calling all the managers to the her office room.



I looked out the window, everything was dreary but peaceful. Soon the rain came in a downpour for a few minutes and left.

Later on in the day I was listening to music when suddenly another warning steamed the radio, but thus time the announcer said the tornado was forming in the eat part of Fort Pierce, just where I happened to be!

He said to get indoors, to get on the bottom floor, and to stand away from all windows.
I didn't even want to chance it, I drive straight west and decided to head back to my company branch just south. I made it out, but it was ugly driving conditions and at times I had to go 30 on the highway just to see past the down pour.


 

Once back in Jupiter, FL I grabbed my lip gloss in an attempt to be professional on my way into the office. By this time I am sure my hair was flying in 20 different angles and frizzy as high as the ceiling ;)

At the end of the day I realize I should never drive in those conditions. I am lucky I didn't crash. I am thankful I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment