Sunday, November 22, 2009

Disatisfaction

Like all humanity, I am aways searching for something that will fullfill me. I am searching to find acceptance, to be respected deeply and have my opinions valued, to be involved in something significant, life-changing, and centered. I realized this morning that all those things are right in front of me. Christ wants to have that devoted connection with me. I also realized that I am NOT satisfied right now with where my life is. I want more, I want something deeper. I can't find that in any man - but in God alone.

I am jealous for you with goldy jealousy. For I promised you as a pure bride to one husband, Christ. But I fear that somehow you will be led away from your pure and simple devotion to Christ, just as Eve was deceived by the serpent (II Corinthians 11:2,3 NLT).

He is the one who is jealous for me. I want to give myself to God. I have so many wants and desires, but I must continually bring them to God and rediscern if these are built out of selfish or self-less ambition. By evaluating my opportunities and choices with God, I will gain direction because it deeply matters to Him what I do with my life. My world cannot crash when I put my faith in Him, who is eternal and unchanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment