Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful for Her

So, this morning I woke up thinking about how entirely excited I am to go home. To spend time with my grandma, my sister, my mom, dad, and brother. I have so many amazing people in my life that I am grateful for.

My grandmother is a source of strength and energy. She has been through so much in her life, accomplished so much, and still pursues her dreams and unleashes her creativity every day. This past March, my grandfather passed and she has been through so much adjustment after being married for 50 plus years. But she hasn't let it get her down, instead she has become actively involved in her church, her community of friends, and family. Last week she traveled to WN with my uncle to see the Packers game. She is so passionate and young at heart. And she appreciates wine and things of class. One of my favorite memories was going to Melbourne beach last summer and sitting by the waves, drinking a glass of wine with her and talking about life. She is also artisitic. She took up painting a few years ago and her artwork is beautiful! It hangs all over our walls, my uncle's walls, my aunt's walls, and throughout her house in Tampa. Not only is it quality art, but it is an inspiration to me - whenever I see her pictures hanging it reminds me to pursue my dreams and never give up. To keep putting my heart into everything I do. My grandma is a woman of strength, endurance, grace, fun, and someone who LIVES LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment